Wood Islands Waterfront Vacation Rentals|
A private sandy beach, bar clams, boating, fishing, water sports, world-class golf, bird or seal watching and general relaxation await you in our 20-acre rural waterfront property, Homeport By-the-Sea. Wood Islands, just 35 minutes from Charlottetown, Prince Edward Island, is largely undeveloped and ideal for a secluded romantic or family getaway.
Nearby Services & Activities
|Photos of our private beach especially for your summer enjoyment!
- Swimming, sailing, fishing, seal watching, hiking, beachcombing, windsurfing
- 3 world-class golf courses within 30-60 minute drive (Brudenell, Dundarave and The Links at Crowbush Cove)
- 2 great 9-hole golf courses within 15 minute drive (Belfast Highland Greens & Eagle's View)
- Craft Shops
- Charlottetown & Confederation Centre of the Arts 40 minutes
- Restaurants - "Lobster on the Wharf" adjacent the ferry and "Millstone Grill" in Murray River
- Liquor Store
Getting to Prince Edward Island
- Situated on a spectacular 20 acre parcel of secluded waterfront property in Wood Islands, P.E.I., Homeport By-the- Sea features a panoramic view overlooking the Wood Islands Lighthouse & ferry terminal. The winterized home and waterfront cottages feature Island art and nature trails.
- Safe, secluded sandy beach. PEI's ocean waters are reputed to be the warmest waters north of the Carolinas due to the Gulf Stream effect. Excellent for families with small children or extended families. Spectacular sunrises/sunsets, swimming, clamming, wildlife (bald eagles, owls, foxes, partridges, seals on premises)
- Fully equipped kitchens with stove, refrigerator, microwave, toaster, coffee maker, pots and pans, dishes, etc. Remote color TV & VCR, barbeque, lawn & beach chairs, telephone and internet access. Linens are provided, but be sure to bring your own beach towels.
- Free driving/bicycling routes of Prince Edward Island. We provide tour suggestions with recommendations for dining, activities, theatre and family outings.
- Babysitter available with advance notice
- Non-smoking. Sorry, no pets
- From Halifax, N.S. airport take the Northumberland Ferries Ltd. car ferry from Caribou, N.S. to Wood Islands, P.E.I., within a mile of Homeport
- From Moncton, N.B. take the Confederation Bridge - A 12.9 km bridge spanning Northumberland Strait from Cape Tormentine, N.B. to Borden-Carleton, P.E.I.
- Charlottetown Airport, 40 minute drive east on the Trans Canada Highway to Homeport.
Proprietor - Leslie MacQueen
Wood Islands Waterfront Vacation Rental
Belle River P.O., Wood Islands, Prince Edward Island, C0A 1B0
For reservations, contact Leslie or Darryl MacQueen at 1-902-962-3500 [email protected]
or Kelley MacQueen at 1-902-394-2453 [email protected]